"November 27th, 2018"

This Day has one post.

Categories : Uncategorized

TAGS : , ,

Applying for PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit) in Canada

In order to apply you must meet the following requirements: You must have continuously studied in a full-time program of study in Canada, with the exception of your last academic semester You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program (for example, a transcript or an official letter –see below). Your study permit must be valid at the time of application. IMPORTANT!  The date of completion of your academic program is NOT the same as the date of convocation (your graduation ceremony).  Do NOT wait until convocation to apply, as convocation may occur more than 90 days after you have completed the requirements for your program. PLEASE NOTE: You can only apply for a PGWP once in your lifetime. If you plan to complete more than 1 degree/diploma/certificate in Canada, consider carefully when it would be most strategic to take advantage of this one-time opportunity.   Proof of Completion of Program Requirements IMPORTANT: If you were part-time in your final term of studies only, you must upload a proof of graduation letter (see below) and an official transcript indicating full-time enrolment in all terms prior to your final term. If you have a gap in your studies, or if you were part-time in a semester other than your final term, we recommend that you speak to an Immigration Advisor before applying for your PGWP. Your degree is officially granted once McGill Senate has met. After Senate has met to confirm your graduation, you can generate a letter directly from Minerva that confirms that you have met all the requirements to graduate (Minerva: Student Menu > Student Records > Letters-Proof of Enrolment)   Please note that you can only request this exceptional letter once: your final grades have been posted on Minerva OR your final thesis/project has been accepted by your department.   How to Apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit You can apply for a post graduation work permit, Online OR At a Port of Entry (Terrestrial/Land Border* or Airport) *Canada/US terrestrial border (Lacolle/Champlain, St. Armand/Phillipsburg, or Stanstead) Applying At a Port of Entry: To be eligible to apply at the border, you must be TRV-exempt* *Even if you were required to have a TRV/Entry Visa to enter Canada, you are TRV-exempt if you are traveling only to the US and back with a valid Study Permit or Work Permit – see IRPA Section 190 (3) (f)).  Please note, however, that not all agents are familiar with this.....