Every year, 35 million of visitors have come to enjoy the many opportunities the country has to offer, including visiting family and friends. Some would like to stay longer to get more experience in Canadian Education would seek for a Study path. This article shows from A to Z: How to change a visitor visa to a Canadian study visa (Study Permit) in 2022
A study permit is a document that allows international students to study at the designed learning institutions (DLIs) in Canada. International students have to apply for a study permit before their travel to Canada. Most foreign nationals must have a study permit to study in the country.
While inside Canada, you can only submit this application if:
Visitors inside Canada who wish to apply for a study visa (Study permit) will have to complete a short-term course or program of study that is a prerequisite to their enrolling at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
Students who successfully complete their prerequisite program must then apply for a new study permit and demonstrate that they have met all of the admission requirements.
When it comes to study permit renewals and foreign nationals who are eligible to apply for a study permit from within Canada, the officer will issue a study permit (and, if applicable, a work permit) once they are satisfied that the applicant has met all eligibility and admissibility requirements.
At Admission Hub, we assist our clients in converting their visitor visas to a study permits valid for more than a year inside Canada!
If you are applying to change your status from visitor to study permit inside Canada, make sure you include these documents:
It’s important to note that processing times vary depending on where you apply from. If you’ve already been studying in Canada on a visitor visa, you won’t be able to apply for a new study permit until your current status has expired, so it’s helpful to plan ahead and keep track of dates.
Often, students are first issued a letter of conditional acceptance from their designated learning institution (DLI) before being granted permission to study in Canada. This means that your university or college has accepted you into their program, but the government is still reviewing part of your application. You’ll get an email or letter notifying you if and when your application is accepted or rejected, usually within three weeks of submitting the final documents required by IRCC.
If you’re thinking about applying for a study permit while inside Canada, it’s important to know that there may be some risks involved with this method. If your study permit is refused while still in the country, they will notify you in writing with details on why the decision was made and other information about the appeal process. While it’s possible to get a decision reversed if additional supporting materials can be provided (including proof that extenuating circumstances were involved), this will extend the amount of time spent waiting for approval even further, so make sure that all supporting documents are included when submitting your initial application.
A more secure way to change your visitor visa to a study permit while you are inside Canada, especially, when you are a more mature candidate is to apply with an agency that specializes in changing visa status like Canada Admission Hub. We have helped over 5000+ international students to start their journey in Canada. From visitors to PR through study pathway.
If you’ve come all the way to Canada, then it’s important that you get off to a good start by following these simple procedures. These steps outline how best to begin your application process and how you can track its progress.
· Submit an application in person with the $20 CAN fee at any area Service Canada office.
· Visit government websites or call 1–800–242–2100 for further information and to apply by phone. Registration is required for this service. Application status will be updated within 24 hours
· Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after your planned arrival date – more than enough time to get a student visa
· Ensure that you have completed all required documentation and have had them notarized before submitting your application in person.* You must submit the originals of these documents with your application; photocopies are not acceptable.* Your vaccinations do not need to be certified but should be dated no more than five years prior.
· You must provide biometrics (fingerprints) when you apply in person. This can usually be done at the same time as your interview appointment: both processes happen at one facility—usually a Service Canada office—but can sometimes be done elsewhere instead
If your application is approved, you’ll be able to choose any full-time or part-time courses and programs that are offered to foreign students at the chosen college.
This also applies if you’re currently studying in Canada on a visitor record. For example, if you’re a temporary resident visitor with a valid study permit, you don’t need to change your status to return to study. However, if you didn’t have a visitor record and had already left Canada when you applied for your study permit from inside Canada, once the application is approved, you can no longer return to Canada as a visitor. If an officer issues you a new study permit under either of these situations, it will allow single entry only. You must travel directly to Canada and present yourself at a port of entry (a Canadian airport that has preclearance facilities) within 90 days of being issued the permit.
You apply for a study permit as a visitor.
– Follow these steps:
Get biometrics: You need to give your fingerprints and photo. Find out how to get your biometrics.
– Fill out the application form (IMM 5709). Include the checklist and fee payment receipt, if you have one.
Attach all required documents. See our step-by-step guide on what we’ll consider as family members when you’re inside Canada.
– Processing time for applications made from inside Canada can take between 5 days and 4 weeks, depending on where you apply. If you have not received an answer after 4 weeks, call 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada). From outside Canada, call 1-343-203-1625 (long distance charges will apply) or contact the visa office responsible for your region: find visa offices outside of Canada.
Admission Hub is one of the largest International Student Immigration Firm based in Toronto & Vancouver. Currently, it operates in the following markets: Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Brazil, Mexico, Turkey, Europe, Vietnam, and India.
Our parent company CVH Immigration Ltd. Admission Hub is helping and supporting International Students around the world to Study, Work, and Immigrate to Canada. We are proud to partner with over +150 Canadian Institutions.
If you want help with your Study Visa application, the first step is to BOOK A CONSULTATION with Admission Hub’s Consultant, share your background and our consultant will reach out to provide you with as much assistance as possible.