This Author has 29 posts.

How to Change college from private to public

Categories : College, Public College

TAGS : ,

How to change college from private to public in Canada?

Change college from private to public in Canada Some international students who come to Canada for studies might feel the need to change their college. As most of them make decisions influenced by their agents in the home country, students can be misguided. They might feel that the particular college they are enrolled in isn’t their best choice or the program doesn’t suit their interest. Other reasons could be the discouraging faculty, unable to adapt to the environment, they can be studying in a non-designated learning institute (DLI) that makes them ineligible for post graduate work permit (PGWP) and so on.   So, am I allowed to change college?   Yes, you can change your college according to CIC. However, you must meet all the conditions stated by them. Having said that, you have to be extremely careful while doing so. So here are a few things that you need to consider before changing your college:   1) Change the (Designated Learning Institute) DLI number – It is important to notify the High Commission about any change you make in college. And to do it, you need to change your DLI number in your CIC account.   2) Unofficial breaks – As per CIC, you should avoid long breaks between your enrollment as it can affect your international student status in Canada.   3) Inform the current college – You have to withdraw your enrollment officially from the school you are currently studying. Having their approval is necessary. If you fail to do so, the old school might report you as an unregistered student. And according to CIC if you are unregistered, you are breaking the conditions for a study permit.    Points to remember for Post-secondary students looking to change schools: If you are a post-secondary student studying in DLI school, the school you want to change must also be a DLI student. Inform CIC every time when you change your school. If you are changing school on your own account, the service is free of cost. If you are changing schools, there is no need to apply to change of study permit.   Which educational bodies are included in post-secondary studies? Universities Community colleges, CEGEP, institutes Private universities, career colleges, academies, schools or training institutes and ESL/FSL and other language training   What do I need to know if I am planning to move to a school in.....

Study Permit In Canada

Categories : Visa, Visa News

TAGS : , ,

Why should you apply Study Permit inside Canada?

Apply study permit inside Canada. In recent years, Canada has become one of the most popular study destinations for students around the world. There are a variety of factors that drive thousands of foreign students here to experience and explore career opportunities every year. To study in Canada, generally, students go through the standard process of applying for the study permit from their home countries. However, it is not the only way if you wish to study here.   Some students come to Canada on a visitor visa to explore the various study opportunities it has to offer. After making a decision to study here, they may want to apply for a study permit inside Canada.   Now you may be thinking, can they do so? Is it possible to apply for a study permit as a visitor in Canada?   Definitely, it is! In fact, today we are here to explain the different benefits of applying for a study permit inside Canada as a visitor. So, let’s get started!     1. Openwork permit for the spouse When you apply for a study permit inside the country, your spouse can get an open work permit. With the open work permit, they are eligible to work full time while you study.     2. One semester tuition fee When you apply for a study permit inside Canada, you don’t have to pay tuition fees for the first year of study. You can go ahead with your application after paying tuition fees for just one semester.     3. No requirement for GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) funds Students applying for a study permit from inside Canada are not needed to show proof of GIC fund. It is not mandatory.     4. Very high approval rate Another important benefit is the high chance of getting approval on your study visa application. Students applying for a study permit after coming here have a high rate of getting a positive response on their visa application.     5. IELTS is not required The International English Language Testing System (IELTS), a popular English language proficiency test is not a prerequisite if you apply for your study permit inside Canada.     6. No age criteria People inside Canada can apply for a study permit at any age. They do not have any age limitations to be eligible for studying here. You can be 30.....

Community Colleges vs Private Colleges

Categories : College

TAGS : , ,

What are the different colleges in Canada?

Introduction Canada has become one of the most sought over study destinations in the world as it has become renowned for its high-quality education system. Thousands of international students’ flock to Canada every year to study in the country’s colleges. However, many are not aware of the different colleges in Canada. There are mainly two types of colleges in Canada: Community colleges and Private colleges. In this article, we aim to cover the major differences between these colleges. The different types of programs which colleges in Canada offer are: Post-secondary diplomas Post-secondary certificates Post-graduate diplomas or certificates (i.e. you are eligible only if you complete a higher education program first) Short-term training and crash courses Skills trades training (e.g. welding, plumbing, etc.) Prep courses for professional licences exams Bachelor’s degree programs (under the supervision or with the collaboration of a university) English as a Second Language (ESL) training French language training Community Colleges in Canada     The community colleges in Canada are financially support by the Canadian government. They may receive funds from the federal government or other sources. Since these colleges receive external funding, the fees is often lesser than other private institutes. Private Colleges in Canada Private colleges do not receive funds from the federal or provincial governments. They rely purely on tuition fees paid by students. Most provinces use rigorous procedures to accredit these colleges. Private colleges are usually smaller than community colleges and more expensive for local students. Private colleges in the province of Ontario are called Private Career Colleges (PCC) as they are focused on skills development for specific career opportunities. Major Differences Between Community and Private Colleges The following list compares community and private colleges from different angles for international students.   Tuition Deposit: Community colleges are usually cheaper options as compared to private colleges. However, for international student’s there’s not much difference between the tuition fees. Some private colleges are cheaper than a community colleges. Class sizes: The class sizes in private colleges are much less indicating more individual attention and personalized teaching facilities to students. Length of education: Many private colleges offer shorter programs than community colleges without compromising on the quality of education. This approach helps save student’s time. The shorter education time is a huge plus for international students who save considerable amounts on living and rental costs in Canada. Admission: It’s easier to get into a private college as they’re more eager to take students as compared to public colleges. Designation by the.....

Converting a study permit

Categories : Visa, Visa News

TAGS : , ,

Different ways of applying for a study permit

Over the years Canada has become a hotbed for students all over the world to come and study in the land of the Great White North. International students find studying here extremely beneficial due to quality & affordable education, flexible work-study options and pathways to permanent residency. People apply to study in Canada from their home country or inside Canada. However, it’s important for prospective students to understand the differences between applying for a study permit inside Canada versus applying for a study permit outside Canada. Through this article we hope to clarify the major differences of applying for a student permit from different regions. If you’re an international student applying for a study permit from your home country, then you need to have the following requirements to be eligible: Valid IELTS score with an overall band of 6.5 with no band less than 5.5 You need to pay one year tuition fee of the program you’re enrolled into It is necessary to open a GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) account of $10200. Student has to write a letter of intent to the Canadian embassy explicitly stating that you have no intentions to settle in Canada and are only going there with the intention to study.   While you applying for a study permit from your home country is comforting, you miss out on several benefits. The first one being that  the eligibility requirements are quite strict. Moreover, if you’re above 30 years of age then the chances of being accepted by the Canadian Government is very low. The acceptance rate of study permit applications are much lower than those from inside Canada.   Many people prefer to first come to Canada on a visitor visa and then apply for a study permit. We have summarized the major differences of applying for a study permit inside Canada from outside Canada in the Infographic below: However, all visitor visa holders can apply for a study permit. The following type of visa holders are ineligible to apply for a study permit: Who have been on a visitor visa status for more than 6 months. AND/OR Who are on a visitor visa and have not enrolled for a pre-requisite English course inside Canada. These visa holders can either go back to their home country and then apply for a student visa. Or they can apply for a normal study permit inside Canada. Talk to.....

Post Graduate Work Permit

Categories : Uncategorized, Visa News

TAGS : ,

Post Graduate Work Permit Program explained

A Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) is an open work permit granted to international students who graduate from eligible Designated Learning Institutions (DLI). With the open work permit students can gain Canadian experience in skill type 0, A or B as defined by IRCC’s National Occupational Classification (NOC). After that candidates can apply for Canada’s Permanent Residency. Due to the frequent changes in the PGWP program, there are many misconceptions and rumors about the Post Graduate work permit. Hence, we have made a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions about the Post Graduate Work Permit. 1. How to be eligible for a PGWP? To be eligible for PGWP, a person must be/have the following: 18 years or older; A graduate from a DLI affiliated college and studied full-time in Canada for at least 8 months. A valid document from your school (transcript, official letter, certificate, etc.) that confirms you  passed all your program requirements in a Canadian college; Graduated from a: Public  or private post-secondary school (including Quebec) Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law  Applied for a work permit within 180 days of when it was confirmed that you completed your program; and A valid study permit at some point during the 180 days before applying.          2. Who is not eligible for a PGWP? You may not be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit if you:  Studied in a program that was less than eight months long; Was a part in a Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC); Had funding from GAC; Participated in the Equal Opportunity Scholarship; Completed a study program by distance learning either from abroad or from within Canada; and/or Already were a PGWP holder by completing another program of study. Studied at a non-designated learning institute in Canada   3. How long is a PGWP valid for? Less than 8 months – Not Eligible  More than one program less than 2 years – PGWP applicable upto the combined length of the program More than 2 years – PGWP applicable for upto 3 years  4. When can an application be submitted? Passed study program Have received a notification of eligibility Has a transcript or official letter submitted application within 180 days  5. How is the application for a PGWP submitted? A PGWP application can be submitted online or by mail to IRCC. 6. What is.....

No Image Found

Categories : Uncategorized

No Tag

Our Partner Colleges

With over 1000 students to study at colleges, English schools and Work and Study programs, we pride ourselves as being one of the leading immigration and education consulting companies in Toronto. The following are our colleges we’ve partnered with and placed our students in: Canadore College Canadore offers a variety of innovative degree programs. Five joint-degree programs in paramedicine, journalism, new media studies, environmental science & technology and applied microbiology are taught in conjunction with the University of Toronto Scarborough, and the Bachelor of Science Nursing program is delivered jointly with Ryerson University. Loyalist College Location : Toronto, OntarioStudents : 22,000 full-time; 19,000 part-timeWell-known for: engineering & programming Loyalist college in Toronto offers a variety of innovative degree programs.     Cambrian College Location : Toronto, OntarioStudents : 41,100+ full-time and 7,000 part-timeWell-known for: engineering & programming Cambrian college in Toronto has a vibrant community across three campus locations in northern Ontario: Sudbury, Espanola, and Little Current / Manitoulin Island. Discover the range of services and facilities we offer to support students and prepare them for success in today’s competitive work places.   Centennial College Location : Toronto, OntarioStudents : 22,000 full-time; 19,000 part-timeWell-known for: engineering & programming Centennial offers a variety of innovative degree programs. Five joint-degree programs in paramedicine, journalism, new media studies, environmental science & technology and applied microbiology are taught in conjunction with the University of Toronto Scarborough, and the Bachelor of Science Nursing program is delivered jointly with Ryerson University. Centennial was among the first colleges in Ontario to receive approval for applied-degree programs in computer and communication networking, and software systems: design, development and management. George Brown College Location : Toronto, OntarioStudents : 25,888 full-time and 62,840 continuing educationWell-known for: Culinary & hospitality programs George Brown offers a wide variety of programs in art and design, business, community services, early childhood education, construction and engineering technologies, health sciences, hospitality and culinary arts, preparatory studies, as well as specialized programs and services for recent immigrants and international students.The college offers 35 diploma programs, 31 advanced diploma programs as well as seven degree programs, one in conjunction with Ryerson University. Humber College Location : Toronto and Orangeville, OntarioStudents : 27,000 full-time; 56,000 part-timeWell-known for: Business programs Humber offers more than 150 programs including bachelor’s degree, diploma, certificate, post-graduate certificate and apprenticeship programs, across 40 fields of study.Humber also provides academic advisors and resources, such as a.....


Categories : Canada, Immigration, Visa News


Canada Emergency Response Benefit (For 2020)

COVID-19 | CERB Have you recently been laid off due to the corona pandemic? Including you, many fellow Canadians are affected by the recent job cuts because of the same. Therefore, the Canadian government has set up a Canada Emergency Response Benefit program to support you during these hard times.         What is the Canada Emergency Response Benefit? The Canadian government has launched a Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) to provide temporary income support to all people who’ve recently lost their job because of COVID-19.  The CERB provides $500 a week for up to 16 weeks to such people. However, there are certain conditions for who can receive the benefit. Eligibility Criteria for CERB The benefit will be available to workers who: Are residing in Canada and are at least 15 years old Have stopped working because of COVID-19 and not voluntarily quit their job Are eligible for Employemnt Insurance regular or sickness benefits; Had income of at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months prior to the date of their application Are expected to be without employment or self-employment income for at least 14 consecutive days in the initial four-week period. Moreover, for subsequent benefit periods, they expect to have no employment or self-employment income. How to apply? Moreover, for faster and easy delivery payments, the CERB is jointly delivered by Service Canada and the Canada Revenue Agency. Furthermore, you can know more about the benefits here: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application/questions.html Additionally, if you have any Immigration needs inside Canada, feel free to reach us here https://canada.admissionhub.com/changing-to-a-study-permit/ Talk to Our Admission Advisor Simran 647-264-0522 Official ADM WhatsApp Admission Hub – Canada’s leading Education & Visa firm Helped 3000+ students | 15 languages | 3 ICCRC immigration consultants | Highly Experienced Team | 35 Team Members Our Consultants are experts of Immigration needs of International students in Canada and will be happy to help you! ICCRC federal visa immigration consultant, immigrants studying abroad are more secure! Contact Us : 647-264-0522 Visit Us Here Connect with Us on Social Media Facebook Youtube Instagram Read More

Categories : Immigration, Visa News

No Tag

Important information on travelling to Canada

On March 16, 2020 the Prime Minister of Canada announced new actions under Canada’s COVID-19 response. These actions include measures that restrict the ability of foreign nationals (people who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada) to travel to, and enter Canada. These measures came into effect on March 18, 2020, with additional restrictions for the US/Canada border announced on March 20, 2020. For the latest information on who can travel to, and enter Canada, please see the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website: How COVID-19 is affecting business at IRCC You may also want to review the following Government of Canada resources: Government of Canada: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Transport Canada: New measures for COVID-19 response Canada Border Services Agency Facebook Twitter