Are you in Canada with a temporary visitor visa? Well, there are many benefits of applying for a student permit in Canada and many disadvantages of coming to Canada on a temporary visa. The disadvantages include:
- You cannot stay in Canada after 6 months
- You cannot work in Canada
- You cannot apply for a work permit in Canada unless you have a valid job offer.
However, if you’re looking at extending your stay in Canada then there is one way to do it.
Applying for a study permit in Canada is the best way to ensure that you can stay and work in Canada for a longer duration. You can convert your visitor visa to a study permit if:
- You’re inside Canada for at least 6 months.
- You have completed a short-term English course with is a prerequisite to enrolling at a designated learning institute (DLI).
- You’re a spouse/foreign diplomat or high school student.
You check whether you’re eligible for applying for a study permit in Canada by checking the official government website link which is: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/apply.html
You can start your college program without holding a valid study permit. Converting your visitor visa to a study permit has the following benefits:
- There’s a high approval rate of converting your visitor visa to study permit if you’re in Canada. This is because you can prove that you’re already enrolled in a college as you have a valid student permit.
- There’s no age restriction on converting your temporary visitor visa status to a study permit.
- You do not have to pay the entire first-year tuition feewhich other international students have to pay when they’re coming to Canada from other countries. Instead you’re only required to pay one semester’s tuition fee.
- You do not need to open a GIC account as an international student which costs CAD 12000.
- Unlike applying for a student visa where immigration officers ask for a statement of intention, they do not ask the same if you’re applying for a study permit and are currently in Canada.
So, why wait? At Admission Hub we have helped over 3000 clients convert their temporary visitor visa to a study permit.