How to apply study permit as a visitor inside Canada?
If you are inside Canada with a visitor visa, you can have an opportunity to be a permanent resident in the future. It happens after you change your visa status to a study permit and have working experience. But first, you need to know how to get a study permit while inside Canada.
Table of Contents
The Canadian Government has opened the border to all fully vaccinated tourists. It is a good chance for those who want to know more about the country which is famous for beautiful beaches and endless lakes, parks, and forests. After the visit, it is possible if you want to find an opportunity to stay longer in the country, working while pursuing a study plan, and become a permanent resident in the future.
1. How can I have a study permit with a visitor visa?
If you have a visitor visa and are currently inside Canada, you can apply for a study permit if you:
- Completed a short-term course or program of study that is a prerequisite to their enrolling at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
- Have a spouse or parents who have a valid Study Permit or Canadian Work Permit
- Visiting or exchange students studying at a DLI
- Proof of funds to show that you can afford your tuition fees, living costs, and return travel
- No criminal records
2. What are the benefits to have a study permit in Canada?
After changing your status to study permit, you become an international student in Canada; this means you can work and study right away without leaving the country. Working and studying at once in Canada is one of the advantages of choosing a destination like Canada. Yet, there are a couple of things you should know before you can start acquiring. International students can only work up to 20 hours per week, full time after complete the in-class portion.
Moreover, a student can apply for a postgraduate working permit (PGWP) after finished studying at school. The duration of PGWP depends on their study time which allows them to stay longer and work up to 3 years in Canada.
3. What do I need to know before applying for a study permit with a visitor visa?
Successfully having a visitor visa to Canada means you can stay up to 6 months in Canada. It also means you will not have much time to prepare for your application to get a study permit. So, here is what you must know before having a trip to Canada:
- You can’t start studying until you receive your study permit
- You should get all the required visa documents for the application to make it faster
- If Your visitor status has expired and a decision on Study Permit is still pending, You must apply for the extension of your visitor record.
- You do not need to cross the border if you apply for your permit inside Canada
Since September 07, 2021, fully vaccinated visitors can come to Canada for discretionary travel. So if you are planning to visit Canada and the country makes you want to stay longer, you can make it. Admission Hub has been helping hundreds of international students changing Visitor Status to Study Permit. We have even helped applicants that were previously refused from an overseas Canadian Embassy, And successfully applied for a Canadian study permit inside Canada. It’s your turn now. Contact us for a free consultation!
About Canada Admission Hub
Admission Hub is one of the largest International Student Immigration Firm based in Toronto & Vancouver. Currently, it operates in the following markets: Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Brazil, Mexico, Turkey, Europe, Vietnam, and India.
Our parent company CVH Immigration Ltd. Admission Hub is helping and supporting International Students around the world to Study, Work, and Immigrate to Canada. If you want to change your visitor visa to study permit or work permit inside Canada, the first step is to complete a FREE CONSULTATION with Admission Hub’s Consultant, our consultant will reach out to provide you with as much assistance as possible.