How to Overcome the New IRCC Policy Updates When Applying for a Student Visa Inside Canada

In this blog, we will discuss how to overcome the new IRCC policy updates when applying for a student visa inside Canada. These changes may seem daunting, but with the right approach, you can successfully obtain your study permit. Let’s dive in.

Understanding the New IRCC Policy Changes

To begin, let’s understand the recent changes in IRCC policy and their implications for international students.

1. Student Cap and Provincial Attestation Letter (PAL)

Most new post-secondary international students at the college or undergraduate level now require a Provincial Attestation Letter (PAL) with their study permit application. This letter serves as evidence of accommodation within a provincial or territorial allocation under the national cap. However, some students are exempt from this requirement, including primary and secondary school students, master’s or doctoral degree students, visiting or exchange students, in-Canada study permit and work permit holders (including those applying for an extension), and in-Canada family members of study permit or work permit holders.

2. PGWP Update for Graduates of Master’s Degree Programs

Starting February 15, graduates from programs granting master’s degrees are eligible for an extended 3-year Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). This change aims to provide ample opportunities for gaining Canadian work experience required for permanent residence applications.

3. PGWP Eligibility for Public-Private Partnership College Programs

IRCC has modified the PGWP eligibility criteria for students attending private colleges but earning a diploma from a public institution. While current students remain eligible for a PGWP, new students enrolling in these programs will not be eligible.

4. Changes to Open Work Permit Eligibility for Spouses

Eligibility for open work permits for spouses and common-law partners of international students is now restricted to those whose partners are enrolled in graduate and professional degree programs exclusively

Overcoming These Changes

Despite these changes, there are still ways to successfully obtain your study permit. Here’s how:

Not Required Documents -

When applying for a study permit from within Canada, some documents are not required:

1. Provincial Attestation Letter (PAL)

Depending on your unique situation, you may be able to obtain your study permit without a PAL. Many individuals have successfully obtained their study permits without this document.

2. IELTS Score

If you are struggling with your IELTS score, applying from within Canada can be advantageous as it eliminates the requirement for IELTS.

How Canada Admission Hub Can Help

Applying for your study permit from within Canada is not just convenient but also comes with benefits that can make your journey smoother and more enjoyable. If you’re in Canada and planning to start or continue your studies, consider this path for a potentially faster and more supported experience.

At Admission Hub, we specialize in assisting international students in transitioning from a visitor visa to a study permit. With a proven track record of helping thousands of students successfully obtain their study permits, we’re well-equipped to guide you through each step of the process. Schedule a consultation with us today and take the first step towards achieving your educational goals.

About Canada Admission Hub

Admission Hub is one of the largest International Student Immigration Firm based in Toronto & Vancouver. Currently, it operates in the following markets: Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Brazil, Mexico, Turkey, Europe, Vietnam, and India. Our parent company CVH Immigration Ltd. Admission Hub is helping and supporting International Students around the world to Study, Work, and Immigrate to Canada. We are proud to partner with over +150 Canadian Institutions. If you want help with your Study Visa application, the first step is to BOOK A CONSULTATION with Admission Hub’s Consultant, share your background and our consultant will reach out to provide you with as much assistance as possible.
Play Video

Related Posts

We have a team of experts who speak over 13 languages

We understand the challenges and needs of international students, and we can communicate with you in your preferred language. We can guide you through every step of the process, from choosing the right college, applying for admission, obtaining a study permit, extending or changing your visa status, to settling in Canada.

Scroll to Top