What is a Canadian study permit?
A document issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) to someone who wants to come to Canada to study, or continue ongoing studies in Canada.
– Spouse/Common-law and family members being sponsored who are in Canada and have applied for PR.
– Person or family members holding a study or work permit
– Minor children in primary or secondary school
– Exchange or visiting students
– Temporary Resident Permit holders (permit must be valid for at least 6 months)
– Students who have completed a short-term course that is a condition for acceptance at a DLI
– Family or staff member of a foreign representative
– A family member of: Canadian team athletes, media representatives, members of the clergy, military personnel based in Canada
– A national or a permanent resident of the United States
– A resident of Greenland
– A resident of St. Pierre and Miquelon
Canadian study permit applicants must prove they can support themselves and accompanying family members, if applicable, while in Canada.
Yes! But there are some restrictions on different kinds of work.
|Co-op or Intern|
Yes if you checked all the elements below. This one is called Student Direct Stream.
- Legal residents of China, India, Morocco, Pakistan, the Philippines, Senegal, and Vietnam.
- Medical exam confirmation
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAD $10,000 from a Canadian financial Institution
- Proof of paid tuition fees for the first year of study
- Graduated from a Canadian high school or submit language test results (IELTS band 6 / TEF CLB7)
- Acceptance Letter from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada
You may turn to Canadian Experience Class program if you have 12 months full time or equivalent part-time Canadian work experience in NOC 0, A, or B three years before applying.
Or, you can turn to some other Provincial Nominee Programs for international students.
Also, if you have strong educational backgrounds and language proficiency, you may try using Express Entry system and create your profile.