Top 5 Canadian Colleges allow international students to work on and off campus

One of the best things about having a Canadian study permit, besides being able to study and live in the country, is that you can work on-campus throughout your course. Here are the top 5 colleges allowing you to work on and off-campus.

Top 5 Canadian Colleges allow foreign students to work on and off-campus 2022

One of the best things about having a Canadian study permit, besides being able to study and live in the country, is that you can work on-campus throughout your course. Given the expense of global higher education, this can be an extremely welcome benefit! At some institutions, you can even work off-campus, so it’s worth discussing this with your chosen college. Whatever course of study you’re following, it may be worth applying for a permit as soon as you’re accepted onto your course – it really will pay off! Here are the top 5 colleges allowing you to work on and off-campus.

Table of Contents

1. Seneca College

Seneca College

You can help finance your studies by working at a part-time job on campus at Seneca. If you’re enrolled full time for the term and demonstrate financial need on your Work Study application, you may qualify for the Work Study program.

Work Study is a need-based program that applies to students (Domestic and International) in full-time attendance at Seneca, who are in good academic standing. Students are encouraged to find their own job opportunities by dropping off their resumes to different departments in the College. Once a job opportunity has been secured go on line and fill out an application. Please note that incomplete applications will be denied. The processing time for all applications is two weeks from the date that the application is submitted. Processing for all applications will begin after day 10 of the semester.

You may also apply for an off-campus work permit allowing you 20 hours a week while studying and 40 hours a week during your vacation period, if you meet certain requirements and have a 2.5 cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA).

Apply to Seneca College January 2022 Intake

2. Toronto School of Management

  • For studies lasting longer than 6 months, you must apply for a Study Permit. You can work off campus (up to 20 hours) and full-time (40 hours per week) during scheduled academic breaks without a Work Permit as long as you meet all of these requirements: You’re a full-time student at a designated learning institution (DLI) You’re enrolled in an academic, vocational or professional training program or your study program is at least 6 months long and leads to a degree, diploma or certificate Your Study Permit says you can work off campus You’ve already started studying You have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) Even though there aren’t many opportunities to work on campus, TSOM offers international students much better experience: Co-op placement. The co-op module is a mandatory part of the program and the successful completion of it is required in order to graduate, it will give international students experience of learning and growth and an opportunity to get a full time job right after graduation

Apply to TSOM January Intake 2022

Apply to an Ontario Public College and get your Work Permit with Admission Hub

Contact us

3. Bow Valley College

The students are allowed to work on the campus of Bow Valley College. The employer can be : the institution; a faculty; a student organization; the students themselves (self-employment taking place on campus); a private business; a private contractor providing services to the institution on the campus.

Who can work on-campus and off campus at Bow Valley College? 

 You can work on and off campus if:

  • You have a valid study permit
  • Your study permit states the proper employment condition

There are no restrictions on the number of hours students can work on campus in addition to working off-campus, provided they continue to meet the eligibility requirements.

International students can work up to 20 hours per week during academic sessions once they have started their program of study. Work full-time during regularly scheduled breaks between academic sessions regardless of your course load.

Apply to Bow Valley College January intake 2022

work in canada after graduation 2022

4. Humber College

Working on campus while you are a Humber is a great way to gain some valuable work experience, learn about resources and services at Humber, and to earn some extra cash.

As an international student, to be eligible to work on campus, there are three must:

  • You must be in satisfactory academic standing
  • You must be a full-time student (minimum 60% course load)
  • You need a Social Insurance Number

Other important things to note:

  • Positions during the academic year (Sept-April) are part-time – you can work a maximum of 24 hours per week
  • Positions during the Summer semester can be full-time to a maximum of 40 hours or part-time to a maximum of 24 hours.
  • Rate of pay is usually $14 and up per hour

Working off campus is a great opportunity to gain first-hand experience with a Canadian company and work environment. Some of the eligibility requirements include:

You must have a valid study permit which has the following remark: May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria

You must be a full-time student in a program that leads to a diploma, degree or certificate and the program duration must be at least 6 months

You must be enrolled at a designated learning institution (Humber College is one of these)

You must stop working on the day you no longer meet the above eligibility requirements (e.g. if you are no longer a full-time students during an academic session). EAP students are not eligible to work on or off campus.

If you qualify, your study permit will allow you to:

  • Work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and
  • Work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or reading week

Apply to Humber College January Intake 2021

5. Centennial College

The Centennial College Work Study Program provides on-campus, part-time employment for students in need of additional financial assistance

International students may also work off-campus without a work permit while they study at the Centennial College if they:

Have a valid study permit

Are registered full-time

Are enrolled in a degree, diploma, or certificate program that is at least six months long and have already started the program

Have a valid Social Insurance Number

Students may work up to 20 hours per week during their regular full-time academic sessions, and may work full-time during their regularly scheduled breaks (i.e. summer break, reading week).

Apply to Centennial College January Intake 2021

About Canada Admission Hub

Admission Hub is one of the largest International Student Immigration Firm based in Toronto & Vancouver. Currently, it operates in the following markets: Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Brazil, Mexico, Turkey, Europe, Vietnam, and India.

Our parent company CVH Immigration Ltd. Admission Hub is helping and supporting International Students around the world to Study, Work, and Immigrate to Canada. We are proud to partner with over +150 Canadian Institutions.

If you want help with your Study Visa application, the first step is to BOOK A CONSULTATION with Admission Hub’s Consultant, share your background and our consultant will reach out to provide you with as much assistance as possible.

Play Video

Related Posts

We have a team of experts who speak over 13 languages

We understand the challenges and needs of international students, and we can communicate with you in your preferred language. We can guide you through every step of the process, from choosing the right college, applying for admission, obtaining a study permit, extending or changing your visa status, to settling in Canada.

Scroll to Top